I can't find my remote

I can't find my electronic remote.

I had it only a few days ago.

But now I can't even find it.

Where can it be?

Reply to
Ken Blake

Wherever you left it. That is, unless you have a golden retriever, in which case it could be anywhere.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.

Most likely in a remote location.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

I keep mine on top of the TV. That way I can always find it.

Of course that's not super convenient when I want to change channels. But it takes the stress of the search away.

Reply to
Tim R

I put mine in the last place I'll look. Saves time!

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Ask Alexa or Google where it might be. Their spy software can track anything, including your remote. If Google can't find it, then it doesn't exist.

Perhaps, let net wisdom be your guide. Lots of checklists and guides to try:

Last resort would be to buy a spare remote control. When it arrives, tie an anchor and chain to the remote so that it will wander less.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

In my bed under my cat :)

Saludos (an alle Vernünftigen, Rest sh. sig) Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Allinger

You lost your cell phone on comp.mobile.android at the same time.

What CAN you find?

Start there.

RL

Reply to
legg

It's in the bag!

Reply to
Mary Wolstenholme

If you own a Roku remote that has a built in speaker:

you can push a button on the base unit and the remote will make a noise.

I use a Roku remote app on my Android phone.

If you're using the Roku app, you can use it to find the remote: Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> [select_remote] -> Find remote

If I misplace the phone, I use "find my device" to locate the phone (and the remote):

No remote control to get lost.

I have some phosphorescent stick on "dots" that I put on things that tend to be chronically lost. Turn off the lights, wave a UV flashlight around, and I can usually find it by the green glow.

Jeff Liebermann

If it was nearby, it wouldn't be remote

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I shot my arrow in the air - It fell to earth I know not where - I lose all my bloody arrows that way...

Reply to
Mike Coon

I was going to suggest using divining rods.

Reply to
tschw...

Coming from you, that makes me quietly proud!

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
Peter W.