Sony TA-F235R Seconday voltages of transformer ??? Schematics wanted

Hi,

I have a Sony TA-F235R integrated amplifier. It seems that the transformer has died. Is there anyone who can tell me wich secondary voltages are used in this amp?

In a perfect world somebody had a copy of the schematics or servicemanual he could e-mail me.

tia Knud

e-mail snipped-for-privacy@skipget2net.dk (remove skip from adress when replying)

Reply to
Lisbeth og Knud Schøler

That's rare, I think. What resistance measurements do you get on the primary and secondaries?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Primary has no reading - that is infinite Secondaries (there are 2) seems to be somewhere in the region of 4-12 ohms.

Knud

Reply to
Lisbeth og Knud Schøler

Maybe its some sort of internal thermal fuse ?

Knud

Reply to
Lisbeth og Knud Schøler

Likely...I think those are repairable in some cases.

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

If you have no secondaries at all, especially raw AC on the main power transformer (some units have a second cotrol transformer), the primary may be open, & it is NOT infinity, it's low, but make sure the mechanical switch is on. If the transformer is open primary, sometimes you can repair it, even without opening it up, depending on which unit it is. There may be an extra winding you could use. Hope this helps, Rono.

Reply to
Rono

But not many, and unfortunately never, in my experience, with Sony kit. The failure for no apparent reason, of transformer thermal fuses, seems to be getting more and more common. I think a lot of it may be to do with owners putting all of their lounge equipment in one fancy cabinet with a glass door ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

If you have no secondaries at all, especially raw AC on the main power transformer (some units have a second cotrol transformer), the primary may be open, & it is NOT infinity, it's low, but make sure the mechanical switch is on. If the transformer is open primary, sometimes you can repair it, even without opening it up, depending on which unit it is. There may be an extra winding you could use. Hope this helps, Rono.

Reply to
Rono

The Main DC rails are rated at + and - 32.4 volts.

The service manual is about 5.5 meg if you can take an attachment that size.

You can mail me direct at:

snipped-for-privacy@labolgcbs.net

and reverse the domain name.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

The service manual is about 5.5 meg if you can take an attachment that size.

You can mail me direct at:

snipped-for-privacy@labolgcbs.net

and reverse the domain name.

Mark Z.

-------------------------------------------------------------- I need tech. documents for Sony TA-F235R --- You can send me ( snipped-for-privacy@quick.cz) copy of the schematics or servicemanual for SONY TA-F235R ?

THANKS

--
peta777
Reply to