Sony Wega KV-36XBR400 Television

the screen flashes on then goes out although the sound works? anybody know what the problem may be or a guesstimate on how much to fix it?

Thanks

Trey W

Reply to
Gamer of NC

If you mean, the picture comes in, then flashes to black, & back on to a normal picture, & it keeps flashing at a regular interval, you MAY have the "common" Sony bad picture tube! If you have access to a proper picture tube booster, you could try to boost it, or sent it to a repair shop! This isn't always repairable. Dani.

Reply to
Dani

Has anyone seen bad tubes on these sets? The sets from the 1990s maybe, but I have yet to see a bad CRT on the xbr400. Lots of wierd intermittent and ps reg problems, a few bad caps, and HV protect circuit sensitivity problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 22772 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

yes yes yes sonys like many others have an IK curcuit , this circuit is there till all the guns are equal before the pix come on. they do this so you don;t have an off color pix when first turned on. sometime we crank you the G2 control on the flyback. it is the lower control on the fly...don't crank too high but just a tad. sometimes this will help but it does sound like your tube is on is way out

Reply to
David Naylor

Actually, Sony stopped blanking the pix when it can't balance the guns a couple of years ago. Now you get the LED flashing to indicate IK failure but no blanking.

Leonard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 23626 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Had one with no red that came on just fine. Actually the filament was out.

JURB

PS, Watch for my next thread.

JURB

Reply to