Is my Sony KV-27S22 December, 1997 worth repairing?

Hello, I don't know if I should just buy a new TV or have this one fixed. I realize it is 9 years old. May I have some advice? Everything works but then the picture starts moving up vertically until it just disappears altogether and the screen is dark. This happens gradually as if something is squeezing the picture upwards but the sound is just fine. Shall I have it repaired? I would appreciate some opinions on this. Many thanks!

Kath

PS Wouldn't you know it, it is working right now but I'll bet it goes by Oscar time.

Reply to
Kath

Get an estimate. Likely not too expensive to repair.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE REPAIRED YOU JUST NEED TO TWEAK THE VERICAL HOLD KNOB.

Reply to
Jeff Hackler

Hello, I don't know if I should just buy a new TV or have this one

until

some

goes

Sounds like an easy fix. I would take it in to have it checked and repaired. It should cost you less then buying a new set. Plus I don`t know where you can get a sony for less then what the repair will cost on this set.

Reply to
tvguy

Definitely worth repairing! Good sets!

========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Reply to
tchuang

Hi- I was wondering if you had this fixed? I have the EXACT problem just happen with my Nov. 1997 KV 27S22. My power flashed off with an electrical storm before this started, could that be the cause? Jeff H. mentioned adjusting the vertical hold button, where is this? Thanks for replies.

Trinette

Reply to
tchuang