Zenith SS1913W schematic, air cleaner

I need a schematic for a Zenith SS1913W. Anyone got a scan of one?

Also, I'm curious about electric air cleaners, such as the "Ionic Breeze", etc. Looks like wires stretched parallel to the edge of removable bars. I didn't open it (Wasn't mine), but I'm assuming there's at least a few K.Volts applied to these elements. Anyone know what kind of voltages? Has anyone here built these? Has anyone got a schematic on the pwr sup?

--
Lee Haymond
Lee Haymond's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=286

Future Hardware - http://www.futurehardware.in
Reply to
Lee Haymond

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:37:26 +0530, Lee Haymond Has Frothed:

This is just as guess but I would say 5-10kv @ a few milliwatts. I've worked on industrial air cleaners and some of those can be on the upwards of 30kv at 70 watts. Pretty dangerous stuff.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Most little B/W TV's are around 10kv, right? Would it be practical to build an air cleaner on one, so that it worked whenever the TV was on? Would that be too much current draw on the F.B. circuit? Would phenolic plastic be a strong enough insulator?

-- Lee Haymond

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lee Haymond's Profile:

View this thread:

Future Hardware -

Lee Haymond

The TV puts out a positive voltage from the flyback to the anode of the tube, the cathode is at more or less earth potential, so you'd get positive ions rather than negative, not what you want.

Reply to
James Sweet

In Radio Electronics magazine there was a do it yourself project to build one. Over 20 years ago IIRC.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Has anyone here built one that works well, or close to the "ionic breeze"?

-- Lee Haymond

View this thread:

Future Hardware -

Lee Haymond