Sony KV-2783R

I will say this television is pretty old and i'm not suprised it is having problems since it was made in October 1987. I'm just surprised it is still working. Although the colors are all shot from some of the "guns" going out.

Anyways, in the last day, vertical bars have been forming from the left of the screen. They decrease in darkness on only half of the screen. The other (right) side is absent of these bars.

My questions are:

What could be causing this?

Also, how much would the estimated cost be to repair it? Or would it be wiser to just get a new television?

Reply to
Zeph1z