SONY TV Power Supply board repearable ??? KV35V45

Hi ,

I have a 35" Sony TV Model KV35V45 that is dead.

First symptom was no picture but sound was OK.

Somebody tried to fix it by changing a resistor and 2 transistors on the PS board 1-659-752-12 and was OK for a few minutes and boom again but now completly dead.

I sent it to Sony and they said that there no part available for this model anymore.

I had opened it and found that R607 (0.1 ohm/half watt) was open , the 2 transistors (C4834) were bad on the same board.

I'm assuming that the HOT is bad also (will check). I just order a PS kit from GlobalSemi with all the 4 items but I want to make sure that there is nothing else bad on the TV before replacing it.

Is it possible to check this ? Can the flyback or tube bad ?

Reply to
Maxmel

Usually, yes. Check the solder pads around the horizontal driver transformer. You might find cracks. A resoldering job there might fix it after changing the transistors (the HOT is probably bad too).

Reply to
Charles Schuler

It couldn't hurt to ESR all the electrolytic caps in the SMPS and change any that are suspect also.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver