Sony TV KV-4490 -- FBT connection question

I have to replace the FBT in a Sony TV model KV-4490. (Inside it's labelled as KV-2781R, chassis SCC-552P-A). Can I disconnect the HOT wire from the HVR and if yes, how?

The HV output from the flyback goes to the rectangular HVR mounted on the metal CRT shield. The HVR has two hollow posts on top with the HV wires going down inside them (one from the FBT, the other from the CRT). Does the wire from the FBT simply come out? (It's snug and I haven't tried hard to pull it out.)

(Reply to group, please.)

Michael C.E.T.

Reply to
Michael

You're lucky to get this because I am pissed. Just not at you, I just lost =BD hour of typing due to the Esc key. I wish they would tell you that !

Anyway, it may be one end or the other, but on a Sony you generally push the wire in slightly and turn it 90 degrees to release. Slide the rubber bot off first so it doesn't get in the way, also it's easier to "feel" what you're doing.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

With the Sony sets, it is usually a push, twist 90 degrees, and then gently pull out. Make sure that the rubber boot is not in the way while you are doing that. Don't force it, or you will do some damage.

--

JANA _____

The HV output from the flyback goes to the rectangular HVR mounted on the metal CRT shield. The HVR has two hollow posts on top with the HV wires going down inside them (one from the FBT, the other from the CRT). Does the wire from the FBT simply come out? (It's snug and I haven't tried hard to pull it out.)

(Reply to group, please.)

Michael C.E.T.

Reply to
JANA

JURB, JANA:

Thanks for the responses -- so simple! Push in, twist, and the wire from the FBT at the HVR pops out.

Michael

Reply to
Michael