Sony KV-27V36 27" TV problem

When I turn on the tv, I see colorful lines for a while and then the screen goes black but the power light stays on. Thanks.

Reply to
Boba

Boba: ....... and ..... the results of your technical troubleshooting, meter readings and component testing are ? ? ? Post some relavent information and you will have a better chance of receiving helpful repair suggestions. electricitym . . .

Reply to
electricitym

First check for any dry solder joints on *all* boards, SONY sets are especially prone to that.

Then check the voltages to the CRT neck (RGB+supply voltage), which should read around 12V for most sets.

Also:

Do you still have a raster after the picture turns black ? If yes, then there's a problem with the video-processing board.

I just had a similar problem with my AE1C/KV-X2531 SONY set, where it turned out to be a bad jungle IC (TDA-4580). My picture would stay black until I cooled the IC down with freeze spray which immediately would bring the picture back to normal.

Anyway, please give more details and try to measure as many as possible. It's very good to have the service manual for your set, SONY's documents are quite useful here ;).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz