Laptop display dim

Hi, Display on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo series suddenly went dim. Things are barely visible. When i connect to other monitor it works till windiws XP loads after it doesn't show anything on external monitor. My battery is not also working for some time can that be a reason for sudden failure? Thanks for help in advance Salil

Reply to
sam_youin

have you tried pressing the Fn+CRT/LCD button, it might give you something on the external monitor then. also try booting in safe mode, you might have a problem with your graphics driver.

Also does the LCD light up at all (ie on boot) or is it dark all the way to the windows desktop ? sounds like the backlight has a fault, ive come across a few of these that are just loose connections for the 5v supply to the inverter, or a dodgy lid switch.

Reply to
Mark Fortune

Try pressing the key combination which increases brightness. If I remember correctly, it is Fn + Up arrow. If it does not help, the previous advice is correct - how old is it and how much has it been used?

Reply to
Jussi Peltola