Sony STR-D865 Receiver - blinks protector

I have this reciever that blinks "Protector" after it is turned on for about 2 seconds. I disconnected everything from the unit thinking the speakers was causing the problem. I had this for about 10 years now, and it was working with the same setup with out any problems. Worth fixing? thanks! Kenny

Reply to
skype

"skype" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutelectronicequipment.com...

Depending on the problem... but a 10 year old Sony is worth in every case ;-)

I.

Reply to
Inty

The fault may be some failed parts in the power supply, or the output stage area. It is most likely worth to send the receiver out for an estimate to have it serviced.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.