Yamaha CD-2: Hope Craig (n7uqa91) is reading this

Hello Craig,

at 20 Apr 2005 19:56:17 you wrote here (it's not at my server anymore, but found it in tech-archiv.net):

Greetings, I am looking for a service manual for my Yamaha CD-2 Compact > Disk Player. It has problems tracking "some" CDs on the inner tracks, > and in one case, not seeing the disk at all. It boils down to the > output level being low from the laser on the inner track (disk opacity > is affecting this). Adjusting the tracking gain has helped but I would > like schematics so I can increase the gain on the laser output >amplifier.
[...]

I have also a Yamaha CD-2 and I have also the same problem. As I read your threat, I believed you tell about my player. Sorry that I can't help with a service manual but perhaps you still got one and can help me!

At least I hope the problem can be fixed with the trimmers (perhaps they have become bad contact over the time) and was not a problem of a burned out laser diode. You wrote about adjusting the track gain; how can this be done and where is the trimmer for this? Thanks in advance.

And best regards from Germany, Patrick

mail address is invalid - please write to this newsgroup

Reply to
Patrick Kaupp