Sony HT-5500D receiver problems

This unit will come on and the protection display will come on. I have had the volume turned down and I have checked the speakers for any problems. I have even checked all the output transistors and various components around the outputs. Has anyone run into this problem with this unit? Would anyone have a schematic or service manual that they could email me? Thanks, Rob

Reply to
rob34

The receiver portion of this system is the STR-K840P.

If the outputs are OK, the most likely culprit is IC501, an STK350-230. You should measure DC with respect to ground from the center of each emitter resistor to confirm a DC offset. Most of the amp channels use UPC series drivers which are quite reliable, the one channel using the STK is a frequent offender. Sony won't allow me to distribute their service literature.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias