Sony KV27TS29 Sides Bow In

It looks like the problem is IC501 (TDA8172). Does this make sense? The picture returns to normal if I tap the part. I'm not an electronics person but I'm tempted to buy a part and replace it.

Reply to
gymsurely

first, check for dry joints in the area around the IC. It might be that simple....

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Reply to
Andy

It must be some part nearby, maybe even mounted on the same aluminum plate, but definitely not this IC. Your error is in the E/W circuit, this IC handles vertical deflection. Most of the time the E/W regulator transistor or some related coils will have bad solder connections.

-- Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.

Reply to
maarten

I reflowed and/or added some solder on about 12 pins around the IC. All looks well again.

Thanks

Reply to
gymsurely

i recall repairing a kv27ex about 3 years ago with this condition. there was a geometry daughterboard at the rear of the main pcb which had dry joints where it joined the main pcb. I also cleaned all the pots on it to be sure.

hope this helps, Ben