Sony KV-27HFR - Bad Tuner?

This may be a toughie.... the set will tune in a station but will not lock on, it just drifts back and forth, alternating between a picture and snow. I replaced all the caps in the tuner section and it made no difference. I can't locate a pre-scaler IC (which I've seen go bad on other sets), so I'm assuming it's built into the tuner itself. Am I looking at a bad tuner at this point? (Part# 1-463-771-11) I'd normally junk anything needing a tuner, but this set just has too nice a picture to give up on it. Thanks for any advice.

--
To reply via Email, remove NOSPAM from the address
Reply to

Have you tried resoldering the bad joints in the IF block? Very common on these uints.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

I will give that a try, thanks.

Reply to
Chris F.

Yup the voltages are all good (don't have the manual but the voltages are marked on the board). A 5V supply was measuring 4.7 (with no measurable AC ripple) but I don't know if that's a problem or not....

Reply to
Chris F.

The most common place is on the AFT coil, but check over everything around the IF IC.

Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Cuffe