Sony Trinitron KV-27TW70 Tuner Repair

Hi,

Picture and sound work great on our Sony Trinitron KV-27TW70, as long as we use a vcr tuner routed through the rear of the set a/v inputs. On occasion the tuner works properly, and when it doesn't there's anywhere from a slightly shrunken picture to a white flat line in the center.

Believe the tuner has been repaired/replaced once, after possible damage by a power surge.

Any tuner repair suggestions? Re-solder some specific connections?

Thanks, Gerry

--
GerryO
Reply to

Sounds like two totally different problems. A defective tuner can give you a snowy picture, total snow, or a blank or blue screen. A shrunken picture or flat line are caused by a problem with the vertical deflection circuit. If both problems seem to come and go at the same time or seem to affect each other then I would suspect a problem with a voltage that supplies both the tuner and vertical section, or loose solder joints in the related circuits.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

So if power to both the tuner and the vertical section is occasionally interrupted ONLY when the set's tuner is being used (as there's never a picture or sound problem when using a vcr tuner that's connected to the set's rear a/v inputs), does selecting VIDEO turn OFF power to the set's tuner, which could have a short or loose connection?

Thanks, Gerry

--
GerryO
Reply to