sony KP-46s17 no Vert deflection

Hi All

I was given a sony kp-46s17, right now I have no vertical deflection. I just downloaded a rather crappy pdf of the service manual ( low resolution scan it looks like). My questions; Is there a common failure that I should check out first? Is there a good place to get a reasonible price good resolution service manual? Where is a good place to get parts for this beast? Thanks Pat

Reply to
Pat

Pat ha escrito:

don't just reach for the service manual, try a bit of deduction and elimination. Have you checked the soldering around the vertical IC and measured its supply resistors? yoke leads? after this, next step is probably just change the IC.

-B.

I got the manual so I could get an idea of how to get to the vert board. There are screw clips and lots of fun stuff in the way. For some symptoms there tends to be shortcuts that save time in diagnosis ( eg subarus with right hand cylinders dead, chek the timing belt).

I'll be pulling the chasis out tonight. Thanks Pat

b wrote:

Reply to
Pat

Don't overlook ESR on the electrolytics around the vertical chip, normally they only cause reduced height or affect vertical linearity but if the previous owner carried on using it with faulty caps that could have done for the chip!

If you feel like sharing the SM - you could post the "crappy pdf" to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Reply to
ian field