OLD SONY KP-5020 Help.

Hi, I need some advice on an old Sony KP-5020 that was given to me. I have the main console, and the screen, but there seems to be something missing (I guess some kind of legs or support for the screen). My question is if the screen is supposed to go completely vertical, or is supposed to work tilted. This is very important to know since I want to adjust the convergency the best I can, and I wonder if, since I don't have the screen support, if the screen can be installed on a wall like a frame, or if it needs some inclination. I would appreciate greatly your response. Thanks!

Reply to
art

Art, The screen was tilted forward so all of the light from the tubes was aimed directly at the viewers who were expected to be sitting down. The screens were very highly reflective (and easily damaged) because the tubes were not as bright (not liquid cooled) as todays projectors. The screen was mounted onto the back of the projector on two large metal arms. I don't think you could converge it if the screen were wall mounted unless the distance to the tubes was close to the same as the original cabinet mounting. Used to work on those beauties and the larger six foot KP-7200.

Ray

--

My return addy is munged. To reply, remove the zeroes.
Reply to

Hello Ray

Can you answer a question about the KP-5020 versus the KP-7220?

Are they the same set internally, with the only difference being th screen size and the distance away from the screen

--
JVF
Reply to