Sony KP43T75 won't power on

I have a KP43T75 that has been working great for about 4 years now unti

this week. I noticed a little bit of color distortion every once i awhile for a few days and then last night it just buzzed for a coupl seconds and then shut off. It would not turn on at all. I cycled th power and now it clicks like it will turn on but then the STANDBY ligh just blinks 4 times. I've talked to a couple repair shops and they sa its most likely the power supply, but they want $250-$450 to repair it Any tips on doing it myself. I imagine its just some transisters an what not that need to be replaced on the board. I'm sure I could do i myself, but I just need some pointers. Let me know.

Thanks, Mat

-- wtaccord

Reply to
wtaccord

[...]

How many of these sets do you have is it 3 ?

Call in the Tech.

Reply to
kip

These types of problems require experience, and knowledge about the switching supply. The service manual is an excellent asset to purchase when troubleshooting these sets. To service the supply, it can be a challenge even for an experienced tech, depending on the type of fault.

Sometimes the supply can be damaged because there are other faults in the set, especially in the scan amplifiers. This is the reason for the asking of the high price. If the repair was so easy, they would not be asking so much to service your set!

There are some serious safety issues when servicing these TV sets.

You can take it for an estimate to other places, and see what they say.

Read the article below before deciding to mess around in your set:

JANA
_____
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
JANA

Hey...

Check this URL:

"FOUR Blinks---No Vert. Deflection (V STOP), Screen goes to a single horizontal line then the video signal muted. Check IC1509, Q1505"

"wtaccord" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@news.diybanter.com...

Reply to
Danilo Llorens R.