Sony KDL40SL140 TV no 3.3V standby power?

Fuse at power supply input is OK. AC is present at first stages of ps circuit but can't find any DC. I have the schematic but there are no test point voltages shown on schematic except at standby output connector. No voltage present at any pins at the ps output connector. I presume the ps is the problem but wanted to ask here if it could be anything else before buying another power supply.

--
toro
Reply to

I would say just makes sure it's not being loaded down. See if it comes up with no load.

By the way, sometimes you can get the boards cheaper from second sources, like ShopJimmy or Tri-State Module.

Mark Z

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

Mark, Thanks for the good advice, you were correct, something is pulling down the standby power. I unplugged the connector for the wiring leading from the ps board to the tuner board and with the connector off there is 3.3 V standby power on the ps board pins. So maybe the problem is on the tuner board and not the ps.

I th>> Fuse at power supply input is OK. AC is present at first stages of ps

with no load.

--
toro
Reply to

Thanks for the source suggestions. Seem to be plenty of power supplies around for this model TV for $50 up but the BM5 tuner (main) board is much more expensive, plus there are few (if any) available.

The BM5 board must be first to die from lightning strikes.

Looks like there may be people who repair these boards for around $200 but this model TV is only worth $200 in good condition.

Probably not worth pursuing further.

Reply to
bill free

the

lightning

test

No

ps

before

up with no load.

sources,

I hope you have 3 foot long insulated tongs for that antena isolation operation.

Reply to
N_Cook