Apex TV guys needed

Hi- Model is AT2402. It is about 4 years old but extremely clean. Customer said it went dead after a few months but he did not bother to fix it. Horizontal output is shorted but main fuse is ok. It won't come on. When I press the power button I could only hear a very faint tic sound. I know I have to change the horiz. output eventually, but here is the weird part: I can't find any standby voltages anywhere when the set is plugged in. The power supply board is very clean and so far I have not been able to find a single pad part on it, and all connections are fine ! Has anyone worked on this set before ? Why is the power supply so dead ? Thanks

moonlite

Reply to
moonlite

Did he pay more than $99 for it? :)

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:
| Mirror Sites:

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the excessive traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above is ignored unless my full name is included in the subject line. Or, you can contact me via the Feedback Form in the FAQs.

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Frankly I did not ask. I know how much I paid for it: $3.00 and since it is so clean I've decided to fix it for keeps. Thanks

moonlite

Reply to
moonlite

Because the power button is off. You will probably find that the power button is actually an ac on/off button and the remote turns the set on/off. Common Apex design. Do a Google groups search for a link posted here a few times for all the schematics that they have available.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Thank you very much. I did not know I still have to use the remote to turn the set ON, even though I pressed the PWR switch. I'll look for the schem.

moonlite

Reply to
moonlite

A bunch of Apex schematics are available at

in the video section

Dan

Reply to
Dan Fraser