Anyone have the manual for Panasonic PVS-350 series S-VHS Camcorder? (quick look appreciated)

I am reposting a request that I made some months ago for information about the Panasonic PVR-350 series of S-VHS camcorders. Money is tight and I can't purchase a service manual (before hand) just to find out that what I intend to accomplish is not possible.

I wish to use the camera head independently of the tape deck; a look at the block diagram and the schematic in the manual could reveal if the camera head outputs standard signals and what input signals are required to make it work. It is connected to the main electronics over a small number of wires and a few shielded cables.

All help is _much_ appreciated.

Michael

Reply to
msg

I am reposting a request that I made some months ago for information about the Panasonic PVS-350 series of S-VHS camcorders. Money is tight and I can't purchase a service manual (before hand) just to find out that what I intend to accomplish is not possible.

I wish to use the camera head independently of the tape deck; a look at the block diagram and the schematic in the manual could reveal if the camera head outputs standard signals and what input signals are required to make it work. It is connected to the main electronics over a small number of wires and a few shielded cables.

All help is _much_ appreciated.

Michael

Reply to
msg

After building a readable PDF of the service manual from junk provided by a manual seller, I can confirm that indeed the camera may be operated independently of the deck. I have built an interface and am currently testing the camera; in shooting an EIA 1956 chart, it is giving me

430 (clear - max 450) lines of horizontal resolution. Camera controls will be housed in a control console; for a good single chip color camera, to me this is well worth the effort. Note: chroma output from the camera requires level shifting, equalization and buffering (in my interface).

Michael

Reply to
msg

After building a readable PDF of the service manual from junk provided by a manual seller, I can confirm that indeed the camera may be operated independently of the deck. I have built an interface and am currently testing the camera; in shooting an EIA 1956 chart, it is giving me

430 (clear - max 450) lines of horizontal resolution. Camera controls will be housed in a control console; for a good single CCD chip color camera, to me this is well worth the effort. Note: chroma output from the camera requires level shifting, equalization and buffering (in my interface).

Michael

Reply to
msg