SONY Handycam H*E*L*P

My son dropped off his SONY Handycam model CCD TR517 hoping I could fix it and now I am asking anyone that has knowledge of these for your help. Briefly, if I put in a charged battery I can do all playback fuctions OK. If I try to access record mode it locks up and does nothing and the lcd info display is blank. Also, it will not return to playback at this point unless the battery is removed and re-installed. I have considerable experience repairing electronics but that dates back to when things could be repaired. Does anyone know if this is just some simple quirk of this item or is it, as I fear, just another piece of hi-tek throw-away junk from the mega manufacturer? I sincerely appreciate in advance any time and assistance in answering. Paul

Reply to
ee_design

How much was the repair quote?

Reply to