NCD 20" monitor(s) dying

I've got 3 (had 4) NCD 20" monitors. Apparently this is the same as the Hitachi HM-4020-D.

Three of the 3 of the 4 monitors all suffer the same symptoms. They flicker to a yellow tint for a month or so and then go to a permanent yellow tint. I'm guessing there's some flaw in the monitor design that's causing these problems.

It'd be a shame to toss em in the trash. Besides the tint problem they're decent monitors. Anybody got a clue as to what the problem might be and if there's a reasonably economical fix for it?

Reply to
Corona

Does the color change when you bend of move the singal cable. Really looks like a bad signal cable.

--
mistermaniac
Reply to

"Corona" ha scritto nel messaggio news:dVkye.452$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...

flicker

Defective cable ? Defective VGA connector ? For what time did you used 'em ? How old are they ? Maybe a failing CRT...

I.

Reply to
Inty

It's happened with 2 different but identical connector cables on different heads of a dual head Radeon pro video card.

They are definately old but I've never experienced a symptom like this. I haven't done much in the way of monitor repair before but I've never run across a CRT that flickers tint for a month before it goes yellow. Not solid yellow. You can still see the display but it looks like you're looking thru yellow sunglasses.

Reply to
Corona

Try it with a known good vga cable. I think the cable is the most likely cause like someone else already said.

- Mike

Reply to
Michael Kennedy