Delco Electronics CD player

I am working on an Oldsmobile Bravada, year 1997. The CD player tries to read the disk (spins up) then spits the disk back out and ERROR is in the read out. I have tried cleaning using a cleaning disk but it spits that out also. Any ideas and can I fix the problem?

Thanks, D.E.

Reply to
dutch

You're going to have to remove it from the car, open it up and manually clean it. If you don't know how to properly clean it, look here:

Then while it's out, connect it to a car battery or regulated power supply and see if there are other problems, and go from there... If it still doesn't read, it could be anything from a bad belt, bad or dirty sensor, or a bad laser pickup.

If it spits the disc out without apparently trying to read it then I would suspect a bad loading belt or disc-in sensor. However I don't know your specific radio, so there's no way for me to know what type of sensors and/or belts and rollers it has.

If you can't repair it yourself you might have to send it to a repair center, or it may be more cost effective to buy a new one.

I've had good dealings with Crutchfield when buying after-market car stereos. They give you everything you need including wiring harness, adapters to make the new radio fit, and full instructions. (I don't work for them, I've just had good experience dealing with them.) If you go for a new one from them, check first whether it will fit your car. They will help you with that too. Oh yeah, don't forget new speakers... The ones that come from the factory are usually crap unless you're starting with a premium sound system.

MS

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

Thanks Jumpster Jiver. Good information. I will try your suggestions and post back if I'm able.

D.E.

Reply to
dutch

Does this disc work in other CD players? Have you tried different discs in the Olds? Is it a "pressed" disc or a recordable? Sometimes, older CD players have a hard time seeing recordable discs.

It has good taste. Fish the player out of the dash, open it up, and clean the lens properly. See

.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds