Sony HCD-H5 / CD-player doesnt work

Hi!

Im new in this forum :)

My friend lent me his stereo until he comes back from his vacation. I started the cd-player, but the cd-player seems not to read the cd and keeps "spitting it out". I have tried with several different cds but it still won't work. ith another cd's but it still didnt work. I called my friend and asked him about it and he told me he has had this stereo problem since he bought it. And the store simply won't fix it.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong and how to fix it? Regards RhadeZ

Reply to
Rhadez

I still have the problem..

Reply to
Rhadez

Rhadez: Come on now...... all you said is that your "CD-player doesn't work" ..... (very) obviously there could be a plethora of possible faults.... and what exactly does "doesn't work" mean... like, describe the problem more specifically and indicate the results of your technical testing, troubleshooting and observation.

--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Rhadez"  wrote in message
> I still have the problem..

Reply to
sofie

Rhadez: There could be many different faults that are causing the problem you described..... anything from a simple lens cleaning to an expensive laser head replacement. Go to the website for this newsgroup at

there with some searching you will find a wealth of repair, testing, and troubleshooting information. If you are still not certain how to proceed you should TAKE it to a repair shop for a proper repair or at the very least, TAKE it to a shop for a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of wild guesses.