Sharp VCR won't play tape

I have a Sharp VC-A410 VCR that is about 2 years old. I put an old tape in it, and the tape got tangled in the machine. I tried to pull the tape out (not real hard), and it wouldn't come out. After that I took the cover off, and cut the tape and pulled it out. Now when I try to play a tape, I get a fairly loud clicking noise,and the tape machine automatically shuts off.

After looking closely, I have discovered that a small round rubber item (about 1/2" in diameter) is coming down on the videotape> and mushing it. (The rubber item is lowered when the videotape is put in place to be played.) This rubber item is on the right side of the machine maybe two inches from the, roughly, round two inch-diamter rollers. I am pretty sure the videotape is supposed to lay flush against the curved wall of the rubber instead of being partially under it, as it currently is. Also, the loud clicking noise comes from the place where the small rubber item is located. If anyone can help me fix it, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

JD

Reply to
DaileyJohn.20.decij

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:39:27 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@spamgourmet.com Has Frothed:

Sounds like you've managed to knacker the mech up to where the cam and mode switch are no longer in sync with the rest of the unit. A good tech could fix it but you could probably replace it with a new unit for the same price.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow