sharp vl-nz80 camcorder help needed!

Hi all,

Have just been given this camcorder which I don't know if it works. It has a battery (completely dead) but unfortunately is without the AC power adaptor. It has a mini dc barrel plug for the 7.5v dc input but I don 't know its polarity so don't want to risk connecting it up. Have consulted the user manual (on the sharp website) but no joy there. I'd really appreciate it if anyone has service documentation for this model (I believe the nz50 shares the basic design) and would take a peek for me. TIA, Ben