Samsung: wandering white balance

On crt based rptv. I've seen this on several models over the last year or so. Picture can go quite yellow as set appears to hunt for best color after scene changes. I've had a hard time replicating it in the shop. Tweeking the G2 values can make it better or worse. I starting to wonder if it is a symptom the XDS buffer overrun problem. I now have a set that only does it on 1080i. I've found a few posts to other forums but no firm info. Anyone care to comment?

Reply to
Bob Loblaw

Model # ?

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Sorry. Currently its on a HCP4741W where the problem seems to be worse on

1080i.
Reply to
Bob Loblaw

Checked on the Samsung service site for any bulletins....no luck.

-- ========================== Jeff Stielau Shoreline Electronics Repair

344 East Main Street Clinton,CT 06413 860-399-1861 860-664-3535 (fax) snipped-for-privacy@snet.net ========================
Reply to
Shoreline Electronics

Thanks Jeff:

As a Samsung ASC, I have access to this information too. I find it really frustating that manufacurers will stonewall their servicers when there is a known problem for which they don't want to be held accountable for. Or, worse yet, they let us do the engineering and feed the solutions back to them.

Reply to
Bob Loblaw

I wonder if this is similar to the problem in the Sonys that they extended the warranty on to four years. The fix is the CRTs.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet