Samsung headset or earphone with volume control.

This Samsung part was given to me.

Can anyone tell me whether it has a microphone beside the silver button?

If I make a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm adapter for the plug, is it likely to work with a Sony PSP?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Reply to
Peter

Yes that is the mic.

You would have to try it and see. Note it is not a stereo device.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Thanks.

This is my hypothesis.

2.5 mm TRS plug on Samsung headset. Sleeve =3D earphone - & casing of electret mic Ring =3D mic Tip =3D earphone +

3.5 mm socket in Sony PSP. Sleeve =3D earphones - & casing of electret mic Ring =3D mic Ring =3D right earphone + Tip =3D left earphone +

Any comments before I start soldering?

... Peter E.

Reply to
Peter

Sounds about right. Just try to avoid shorting the PSP outputs to ground or each other.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.