Help needed with PSOC Invention Board

Hi All,

I've been messing around with the PSOC Invention/Mini Development board to try and remember how firmware works (verrryy rusty :) ) but I cannot get the thing to run the code. I've resorted to using the test.hex file that comes with the kit. Once I have programmed the part how do I get it to run the code. There is no monitor etc and I can't seem to find a software based "go" button. Tried a power reset but it just sits there and does nothing. Can abyone tell me what obvious thing i'm missing???

Thanks

Iain

Reply to
Iain

Assuming you're using the USB to program the PSoC on the Invention board, I've found following the instructions in the "Instructions.txt" file works for me. Perhaps you've skipped step 9:

"Uncheck the 'Connect' box. The PSoC will not begin executing the program until the USB connection is disconnected."

Other methods that work for me include exiting the programmer application and cycling the power for the Invention board.

Reply to
J. Michael Milner

oh "that" txt file....

Thanks for the help I now have a flashing LED :)

Iain

Reply to
Iain

You'll find this forum very useful:

There is also the Cypress forum on their web site.

Leon

--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
Email: aqzf13@dsl.pipex.com