S-video Ground Pin Broken...is this a big problem?

Sorry if this gets posted twice...I thought I got it through once, but I haven't seen it for a day.

I accidentally broke off the Y ground pin on my S-Video cable. I have it hooked up from my Gamecube to my 42-inch plasma tv.

Everything still works fine. The picture is great. But should I be concerned that the broken ground pin might cause problems in the future with my plasma tv. I don't won't to wreck the tv too! Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reply to
The Game Warden

Odds are, one or both devices tie the two grounds together anyways. I doubt if it will hurt anything.

If it's just a standard cable, buy a new one. Don't waste money on monster-priced stuff for S-Video.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

It probably will not be an issue as the grounds are tied together at both ends for the chroma and luma, Y & C, in the s-video cable. There is a slim chance you might have a very small amount of additional noise in the Luma, Y, but probably not .

If it breaks off the other end, then yes you probably will have some extra noise in the video. It wont hurt the tv unless the broken pin in stuck inside the jack and another cable is forced into the connection.

Reply to
dkuhajda