NEC Television fuzzy picture

Help!! My 1990's NEC television. (tube - type ) is delevoping a fuzzy / snowy picture. If I turn the power button on and off repeatedly a few times it clears up for a while then back to fuzzy snow. Any thoughts? I am not an electronics wiz but have some backround so I may try to fix it if the repair is somewhat simple. Thanks for any help / advice.

Reply to
skindigger

Sounds like an RF problem. Check out the aerial/antenna connection, also try tapping around the tuner (small rectangular 'can'), which may have dry solder joint somewhere - hope that helps.

Reply to
Barney