Royal Alpha 9170 Cash Register manual?

Hello all...

A friend of mine found a Royal Alpha 9170 cash register (rather optimistically described as a "cash management system" from the printing on the case). They tinkered with it and then asked me for help in setting it up. (I have no idea where they got the idea that I'd know anything about this. All I've ever done is repair this, that and the other thing for them... :-) )

It's been sitting unused and the little NiCad battery on the main board was depleted, so the programming has been lost. (Perhaps even more amazingly, the battery has come up after letting the register sit for a few days while plugged inand is in great physical condition.)

So now it needs to be programmed with the time, date and tax rate. Maybe later it would be nice to program departments, clerks and stuff like that. I've given this a few tries now and haven't really gotten anywhere. The manuals currently available for other registers on the Royal web site just aren't close enough, and I've tried a lot of them to be sure. Royal was no help when contacted, they claimed to not have the manual on file. I've even looked around to see if I could find someone selling a manual, and I came up empty handed when I tried.

So now I thought I'd ask here, and see if anyone might have such a manual? I'd gladly throw in a few bucks for even a decent photocopy of one...

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

hey william, I have this cash register and bought it used I am having trouble with finding the fuse. The display lights wont come on and can not find where to put a fuse. Anyways if you would like a copy of this manual just email me at alicia snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com and I will get you a photo copy and maybe you could help me with my light display. alicia

Reply to
alicia_m6

I'm sorry it is alicia snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
alicia_m6

Look at the rear, near the power cord or socket.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

ta delenda est

Alicia, I saw that you have a manual for this cash register and was wondering if you could forward it on to me as well. I would be happy to compensate you for your time. I bought one used but it didnt come with a manual. Thanks so much!! Christa

Reply to
cjhousing

alicia, the fuse is on the main circuit board. you have to take the top off to access it.

Reply to
kaitmally

Hi!

I remember seeing a fuse inside the unit, and I believe it was on the main circuit board. When you get inside, you'll find that there is a moderately sized power transformer. As far as I can tell, it is not directly fused. It plugs into the circuit board, and that is the first place I saw a fuse.

It's always possible that the fuse is the problem, but if a replacement blows when installed, there is definitely something else wrong.

I really would! I will be contacting you right away, and I appreciate the offer!

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

William I found this old conversation on Google Groups. Its a long shot but by chance do you still have a copy of the Cash Register Royal 9170 Owners Manual? If so could you send me a copy? my email is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Thank you for your time in advance.

Joe

Reply to
baseball1964

A little Googling reveals links to manuals for a couple of similar models. They may not be exactly what you need, but perhaps they will get you started.

Royal Alpha 9155sc

Royal Alpha 9180sc

Other than that, Royal's phone number in the US appears to be

+1 888 261 4555, or email them at info -at- royalsupplies.com .

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds