Sharp Cash Register XE-A106 intermittent display and print

I have a Sharp cash register XE-A106. During a lengthy print, about every 5 to 10 seconds, the display blanks and the printer pauses for a couple seco nds. (If it was alive, it would be like it was pausing to catch it's breath ) It does not loose memory and it picks up where it left off. The 6v regula tor is steady and the 15.4v drops to just above 15 while printing. I'm gues sing this is not the issue. Does anyone know of a common problem like a lea ky capacitor or another part that would cause this problem.

I know you can get a new one for around $100 and a repair manual from Sharp for $25. I hate to put too much into it, but I hate to junk it if it is a minor repair.

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
bbill.hhemrich

5 to 10 seconds, the display blanks and the printer pauses for a couple se conds. (If it was alive, it would be like it was pausing to catch it's brea th) It does not loose memory and it picks up where it left off. The 6v regu lator is steady and the 15.4v drops to just above 15 while printing. I'm gu essing this is not the issue. Does anyone know of a common problem like a l eaky capacitor or another part that would cause this problem.

rp for $25. I hate to put too much into it, but I hate to junk it if it is a minor repair.

I though that I would add that it is only about one year old

Reply to
bbill.hhemrich

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

about every

couple

catch it's

off. The

while

of a

cause

from

junk it if

Well, has it always done this, or is it a new symptom? I could take a wild guess that it might be designed to let the print head cool on long prints.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson