replacing bulbs Pioneer sx series

Hello,

how difficult is it to replace lightbulbs on an old sx 828 Pioneer receiver? does it involve soldering?

thanks

Reply to
punkinaro

The main dial lamps are "fuse lamps" which snap into their holders. Haven't been into an 828 lately, but I'm pretty sure the other lamps - function, FM stereo indicator, dial pointer, etc are soldered-in lead lamps.

I have found that the fuse lamps commonly available these days (from MCM and the like) are crap and don't last. There are LED replacements available. (search on eBay for "custom fuse lamps") They are about 5.00 each but should last indefinitely. If you buy some tell Don that Mark in Wichita referred you.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

't

FM

and

uld

thank you for your suggestions

Reply to
punkinaro

Go to audiokarma.org and do a search on LED lamp replacement in the Vintage Audio forum. Or post a question and ask how to do it and someone will direct you... incandescent lamps on these older amps/receivers have lifespans and can be replaced with LED's if you have rudimentary soldering skills. LEDs generate no heat, use minimal power, and last much longer than the original incandescents. Plus, you can put in different colors if you so desire.

Dave

Reply to
Dave