audio taper pot needed

I need a replacement dual-ganged 500K audio taper pot for my old Pioneer SX

828 receiver. If I was a dreamer I would ask for that with center-taps too! I have had no luck with certified dealers and E-bay can provide another parts set, which I am reluctant to ship across the country. Has anybody tried to substitute a linear taper for an audio taper, is it a bad idea? Thanks, Jake.
Reply to
Nunya Bizness

Yes, it is a bad idea, unless you want all the control in the first could percent of the pot. Your hearing is logarithmic so the control has to match.

Check places like Mouser for stock controls that you may be able to adapt. Some places sell shaft couplers to allow you to saw off the old shaft and couple it to a new pot to make it look like it was the original part after the unit was re-assembled.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

SX

too!

Prolly a bad idea!!

-- Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

or use a lin pot of same value with a 'law faking' resistor, about

1/10 of the pot value, connected to slider and earthy end. works (ish) and gets you out of trouble regards bob
Reply to
burbeck

GuitarElectronics.com sells a dual 500K audio taper potentiometer.

Mike Capel capel AT mb DOT sympatico DOT ca

Reply to
ianto

Jake.

Reply to
Nunya Bizness

Is it Physically damaged? If not, i would try some caig labs products on it to revive it. D5 or better yet, pro gold.

Bob

Bob Urz

Reply to
Nunya Bizness