red haze on lcd projector only seen when black scene/image

Hi,

I bought a second hand CTX Ezypro 550 LCD Projector.

The colours on the screen are fine and project well. But there is a red haze in the centre of the screen when it's projecting a black image. It look's as if it's reflected onto the tft screen. But colours are fine when the screen isn't black.

It's a faint red over the black.

The setup of the LCD is as follows.

Projector Lens -> fresnel screen (1)-> TFT screen-> fresnel screen(2)

-> Mirror -> Light Diffuser (?) -> lamp -> Parabolic Mirror.

After removing the first fresnel screen from the projector, the red haze is present. I've checked for cracks, and the chamber between TFT Screen and Mirror doesn't appear to have a crack. I also removed the parabolic mirror and still red haze is present.

Could it be the LCD screen is playing up? or the fresnel screen(2) burnt up ???

cheers

Andy

Reply to
granuja