RCA TV - F32665 - horizontal band across screen

Woke up this morning put on the TV to watch the news and all I got was a narrow band going across the screen. Its a horizontal band strectching across the entire screen. I can see it change colors as if the picture was just squashed down to the small 1/4" high band. The TV is about 4 to 5 years old, its a 32" RCA. Any ideas as to what might be wrong with it?

I have heard from another forum that it might be the "vertical chip", but im not quite sure what that is?

Thanks in advance

-Travis

Reply to
captain

Its a CTC203 best pull out chassis and check all soldering for bad connections first. Pull out choke connected to Hor Out Transistor clean off glue on choke and in the holes. Then reinsert... May have to ESR the filter caps in the Vertical section.

Reply to
kip

thanks for the quick response Kip. Do you know anywhere on the internet i can download the schematic for this TV. I plan on working on it over the weekend.

Thanks again

Reply to
captain

If you're not quite sure what the vertical chip is I don't think a schematic will help you. Better to have a TV technician check and repair it.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver