Pin Cusion Distortion on old RCA TV

I have a 15 year old RCA F27120WN that has just developed what I think is called "pincushion" distortion. The entire picture is filled in, but vertical lines near the sides are bowed inward. (Horizontal lines are fine.) Any particular circuit or component I can check? Other than the pincushion distortion, the set still has an excellent picture.

I'm experienced in electronics and radio design, but not so much with TVs.

--
Bob D.
Reply to

Usually the horizontal sweep circuit has a 'pin amp' transistor ((basically, the Hsweep drive is a high voltage, but instead of returning to GND, current returns to a low voltage pincushion amplifier). The pincushion symptom often means the transistor has shorted (or otherwise lost gain).

Reply to
whit3rd