panasonic nv-vp32 dvd/vcr combi

A friend of mine has recently purcheased a panasonic nv-vp31 combi. It worked fine for a few weeks and then the remote control appeared to stop functioning. he called back the guy who supplied the machine (40 yrs experience in the trade!!)who has made some phone calls and tells my friend that somehow my friend has locked the eprom (or eeprom), and he is unable to unlock it.. is there anyone out there who can help.. Please Please Please.

Reply to
northerngent