Help needed: Is a T5A H250V fuse the same as a F5L 250V?

Hi there,

Something went "peng" inside my monitor today (Eizo Flexscan F57). I don't know anything about elctronics, but I found a fuse inside with the inscription: T5A H250V. Since I am not mobile I asked my wife to pick one up for me on her way home and she came home with a fuse that said F5L 250V. The guy in the shop said that that's the same thing. Apart from the fact that they look different. Is he right? Can I put it in safely?

Thanks in advance

Kax

Reply to
Kax

No they are not the same. T5 - time delay F5 - fast blow

Reply to
dkuhajda

In any case, it's highly likely that the fuse went ping because something else blew and putting a new one in will do the same thing. But it's worth trying - once.

--- sam

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

Thanks,

since the new one is "fast" I will give it a try. It can only cost me a fuse. Thanks again,

Kax

Reply to
Kax

Thanks for your answer,

Some moron set the switch on the back of my computer from 230 to 115V the other day, so I'm guessing my monitor got caught in the blast somehow. I'm about to replace the power supply, after that I'm going to give the monitor a try - once. Thanks again,

Kax

Reply to
Kax