Rca projection tv coolant leak.

Where to get gasket kit to fix slight leak of crt. Is coolant able to destroy circuit board. Sky.

Reply to
Skype_man

It depends on which projection set and where it is leaking. Thomson had a leak fix seal for the expansion chamber for some tubes, but not the crt face seal.

RCA does sell some of the coolant tank seals and o-rings. Just not all of them. Reference RCA/Thompson service bulletin TV94005 about the subject of Spots on the CRT. Instructions are to remove the primary lens and use their special design eyedropper to remove contaminate then reseal unit. They even give part numbers for the o-ring and primary lens pieces if lost, broken or misplaced. o-ring seal Part number 212073 c-lens 212071 clamp ring 212074 eyedropper 212076

These are meant for the PTK169 chassis and there is other info for other models to include the expansion chamber gasket/seal as well.

Coolant will damage the circuit board and components.

Order the parts from any Thomson parts supplier.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Really? Damage circuit board? By PCB matrix itself? But coolant etching traces and shorting out components when powered I do understand but PCB damage by coolant I don't. I had to fix many of those and they recovered nicely.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Isn't corrosion/etching damage to the circuit board traces damage to the circuit board? Isn't damage to the leads of a component considered damage to the component?

The OP did not ask if the coolant would damage the substrate of the PCB. He also did not ask whether or not the circuit board damage could be repaired, which most times it will.

Reply to
dkuhajda