RCA 36v550T Intermittent On and picture overscan

I have a RCA 36v550T set that will sometimes not turn on. If it does come on the picture is overscanned vertically(top to bottom). Also sometimes the closed captions come on by them self as does the menu. Sometimes the menu has jibberish(#@$!#$%^&%^&) kind of like that.

Also sometimes it locks me out of a whole section of channels(says I need to enter a code) but the channels are not locked out. Also it has come on very dark and snowy a couple of times. I think maybe micro bad . Any one else had one of these?

Thanks in advanced :)

Reply to
Martin

Hi,

I havnt tried a chipper checker, i was under the impression that CC were only usefull on thomson sets?

Reply to
Martin