Philips/Magnavox PTV770-AH01 114697-0002 No standby power

I have a Philips/Magnavox PTV770-AH01 Series Projection TV that we recently moved to a different house. since we moved it, it turned on for about 5 minutes and then shutdown and will not power back on.

I have taken the back off of the unit and found

120Vac power is on the Large Signal board on the cold side. nothing on the Hot Side. I can't find the 5v standby voltage for the front control panel.

any ideas?

does anyone have a PDF version of the service manual?

Thanks.

-Jesse

Reply to
grtechguy

Yo dude. If you have 120VAC on the cold side, something is seriously wrong.

grtechguy wrote:

on

Reply to
dkuhajda

oopss...late night typing....120Vac on Hot, nothing on cold

Reply to
grtechguy

I really hope not... Best measure again correctly.

Reply to
kip

These sets have a lot of circuits that will cause shutdown, many of them associated with protecting the CRT phosphors.

Loss of vertical scan is one of the more common causes. The vertical IC's tend to develop cracked solder joints, and moving might have exacerbated it.

Or moving might have ruptured a CRT diaphragm and leaked coolant on the PC board, which can be very bad news.

Lots of possibilities...

Reply to
Bill S