Durabrand "Dual 7" DVD player won't read DVDs

I have a Durabrand "Dual 7" portable / car DVD player that I bought as-is. It will read CDs but not DVDs. I took the back off and found two adjustment pots on the laser head. Turning one affects the ability for it to play CDs. I assume that the other one affects how it plays DVDs, but unfortunately, turning it does not help. It just spins the DVD up and down a few times and gives up. I do see the red laser come on when a DVD is in.

The laser head is marked "DL3C 05D11." I'm thinking about finding another broken Dual 7 player and then maybe swapping the laser heads to see if I can get one working. Does anybody know if any of the other Durabrand DVD players use a DL3C laser head? I have a few broken Durabrand PVS-1960 players, but the head is different and does not fit. I even tried swapping the whole head/motor assembly, but they aren't compatible.

Any help would be appreciated. John

Reply to
John Sevinsky

FYI, I bought a used Durabrand DUR-7 player, and it uses the same laser assembly as the Dual 7. I was able to swap the parts and fix my Dual 7 player.

John

Reply to
John Sevinsky