RCA DTV306/307 60" picture cuts out.

This DTV307 60" unit is hell to transport and is located nearly 30 minutes drive from our shop out in country and is a big-time dog now. Original compliant was botchy picture traced to a spotty CRT, changed that. Unfortunely had to change all other two CRTs to stop the picture cutting out and ability to adjust TV to specs because TV already had long hours on it that CRTs had aged quite much so had to change all just to get it adjusted at all and hoped to stop that shutting down problem. The HV divider already replaced when we replaced CRTs.

Shutting down or cutting out is either picture instantly winks out, sometimes had to power cycle tv by pressing button, in extreme case had to pull plug. No strange noises or fizzing smell.

But customer still complains TV is doing same shutdowns when customer reset the picture settings to defaults, which setting that stops that problem is unknown because customer have not called back with reply to our questions.

There is no bulletin on this particular problem. Any thing to look at, and this will be very diffcult to transport TV back to our already crowded shop. Sigh. Really NEED the tips very badly.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Well?

Soon within this week or next, we must go out and look at it. Transportation is a big PAIN and we had visited that unit several times in past and had to haul twice so...

HELP?

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.

Pay attention to lousy solder connections every where on the main chassis assembly, including the stand up daughter board and the inter-connect between it and the processor board that connects at the rear apron. Agreed, these sets are an absolute Bow Wow to work on and fix. Thank the electronic gods that Thomson dumped them and their near cousins.<

Reply to
Art