RCA Colortrak screen geometry problem

I have a 1986 RCA Colortrak 2000 27 inch console television (I believe the chassis is CTC133B if I'm reading the correct label) that I got for free that has a really nice picture with one exception.

There is some warping/arcing/curvature of the image, which can best be seen when watching a letterboxed image. I've made a diagram which I hope illustrates the problem. Please see:

Any ideas what the problem might be? Since it has a nice picture I'd like to see what I can do with it. Ultimately I can live with it, but if it's not too difficult and/or expensive I'd like to fix it.

Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Navin_Johnson

It would help to know if this is a delta or inline gun tube. I guess from the date its more likely inline. If delta, you should find a pictogram on the convergance panel that corresponds to what youre seeing, and a day setting it up should get it all shipshape. If its inline I dont know. Unless its corner cutting, are the corners rounded off on a full screen image? If they are the scan coils may be too far back, heating up the neck dangerously. If so, take cover before it explodes. A 26" tube would pack a heck of a punch, enough to kill a few people at least.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Well, happily the corners go all the way to the edge are not rounded off on a full screen image, so I hopefully will not get killed by my television exploding!

I will investigate as to whether it is delta or inline and I'll also look for the pictogram when I get back home from work.

Thank you for your help. I will check back in when I have any update.

-Eric

Reply to
Navin_Johnson

Reply to