HITACHI 37U59B CHASSIS M9LXU

Tv dont come on at all. Customer brought only the chassis. I dont have the service manual. Checked the obvious, nothing visually burned, arcing or exploded., nothing heats up, checked fuses, lo ohm pwr resistors, diodes,driver trans, hor out transistor, etc. Nothing open or shorted. Can anyone give me a troubleshooting procedure to locate this problem Thanks

Reply to
gudule

gudule: Fixing a television WITH ONLY the chassis is a losing proposition unless you have a similar model scrap television sitting around the shop so you can actually hook it all up and actually see a picture.... once you get it to turn on, the picture will provide clues as to what else may be wrong that cause the failure..... who knows, maybe a shorted CRT or yoke cause the problem to start with??? Good luck to you..... but if I were you, I would not do any further troubleshooting until I got all the pieces put together.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie