RCA Ch # ITC008

Unit came in dead, H-out transistor shorted, Removed transistor and B+ came up to 130 V.( must be a pretty healthy power supply) Check caps and ring flyback ok, Installed a new transistor and set came on and looked good. Let it play for a few hrs and turn off for the night. Would not come on the next morning, H- out shorted again. Replaced flyback and trans, set worked good, played a few hours, I turned it on and off several times, everything work ok. sent it home. set worked Fri night , all day sat, and sat night, Would not come on sunday morning, Cust stated it was working good when she turned it off sat night. H out is shorted again., Looks like it must be shorting at turn off or something while its off, Anyone got any ideas on this one? Charlie snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Charlie East

Change out your safety caps large grey rectangle cap and bright blue one next to it.....sorry can;t remember the ref numbers also resolder the whole EW board, the one on the right side of the chassic standing up

Reply to
David Naylor

Did you finally get it fixed? If so can you post what was the problem? You guessed it, I've got the same problem.

***************** Charlie East wrote:
Reply to
Searching